From logging in on the Play Station 4 or the Play Station 5 to get the latest video games, as well as checking player´s information like: games library, friends, trophies and achievements, groups and general profile and also be able to use services like PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Network to play online, all of this is possible if you create a Sony account so you can later enter it on your device or gaming console.
With a Sony and PlayStation account you can purchase games, add new ones to your library, add payment methods and more from the console or also using a mobile device or computer. This is how you are going to be able to sign up and get your own account for free to open session on your Play Station 4 or Play Station 5 in any of the available models.
Get a Sony PlayStation Account on Your Computer or Mobile Device
To create Sony account, follow these next steps and sign up in minutes. Later on, this account can be used to open session on any PlayStation console and also services like PlayStation Now, PlaySation VR and others:
- Using a computer or smartphone, run your preferred internet browser and generate a new tab to visit websites.
- Locate the URL bar and enter this address: “www.playstation.com”, to access the official webpage of the platform.
- Being now on the PlayStation´s official platform, click on “Sign In” as a black button placed on the top right of the layout.
- The logging screen will load, but since you do not have an account yet, click or tap on “Create New Account”.
- On the next page, click or tap on “Create”.
- The signing up session should start by requesting information step by step. Enter birth date and click on “Next”.
- Introduce the region where you live and language. Click on “Next”.
- Enter your email address, which at the same will be your ID. Also, enter your password twice and click on “Next”.
- Then, fill in the corresponding spaces with your address: city, state and postal code. Click on “Next”.
- Introduce your profile information: name, last name and ID online that must be unique. Click on “Next” to continue.
- Click on “Accept and Create Account” and you are good to go. The account will be created.
Sign In Sony Accoun
If you have a PlayStation console, in order to use the system you need to sign in with a Sony account, allowing at the same time get to enjoy plenty of benefits: buy games and download demos, keep achievements, game progress and trophies secured in the cloud and more, all with one account on every Sony platform.
Let´s follow the process of signing in using a Sony account on a computer or smartphone, in case you need to check personal information, purchases, progress and more on your personal devices. But first, you need to know to come up with an account.
Accessing Sony PlayStation´s Website
Whether you want to log in or sign up, there is the need to access the Sony PlayStation´s platform to enter your account or also to come up with one. These are the steps to do it:
- Generate a tab or window on the internet browser of choice so you can visit websites through URL addresses or by performing a search.
- With the tab open, locate the URL bar and enter the Sony PlayStation´s official address to access: “www.playstation.com”, platform´s homepage should load in seconds.
- Being on the homepage, click on “Sign In” as button that is located on the top right corner of the screen.
Creating an Sony PlayStation Account: How to Sign up
Before logging in, you need to have an account as said before. To do it, follow the three previous steps shown in the previous section and then continue.
- After clicking in “Sign In”, the signing in screen will appear asking for proper access credentials. Since the account has not been created, you need to generate ones and to do it, click or tap on the “Create New Account” button below.
- Start the registration process by entering personal and location information requested. If all the data is correct, you should come up with your new account in seconds.
How to Sign In to Access your PlayStation Account
When you have your access credentials and account, follow these steps to access:
- Being on the Signing in screen, fill in every space with the information requested: email address or online ID, click on “Next”
- Now, enter your password and click on “Next” once more.
- If the credentials are correct, session should be opened and you must be logged in to your account.
In case of having problems logging in, click on “Forgot Password” for different recovery options.